Local knowledge and global understanding are the starting points in developing an ethic in environmental and development education. Local ownership of environmental and development education programs, open participation and equality remain the foundation of our organisation.
Live & Learn works with communities throughout Asia and the Pacific to design, implement and learn from community-based development projects. The projects are specific to each community and cover a number of thematic program areas. These include:
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
- sustainable use of biodiversity
- environmental governance
- natural resource-based conflict management and peace building
- understanding climate change
- sustainable energy options
- community-based waste reduction and management
- human rights
- community disaster prevention and preparedness.
Live & Learn funds its programs with support from the public, governments, the corporate sector and international development agencies.